Voices of Youth now accepts interested applicants who are interested in the fields of climate change and environment for VOY blogging internships in English, Spanish, and French until 10 February 2017.
Dr. Linje Manyozo, senior lecturer from RMIT, University of Australia and author of Media, Communication and Development (2012) talked about the “Pedagogy of Listening” during the 6th Association of Development Communication Educators and Practitioners (ADCEP) National Conference, on December 2-4, 2016 at La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines.
“We need to make sure that we put the interest of the people we’re working with.” Manyozo emphasized the importance of listening in doing fieldwork. More than listening, practitioners and community field workers should have a sense of empathy. It is important to understand the context with empathy, understanding, and compassion.
More Articles ...
- “Voice & Matter Communication, Development and the Cultural Return”
- Philippines publishes new climate change guidebook
- Call for abstracts: 2016 ADCEP National Conference
- Call for participants: Mobile tech for agricultural and rural development in the global South
- Call for proposals: Voice grant facility