The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), together with the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF), World Food Programme (WFP), and World Health Organization (WHO), recently released The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World Report 2019 (SOFI 2019).
During the FAO Awards held on 26 June 2019, winners of the International Innovation Award for Sustainable Food and Agriculture were recognized.
The Global Information Society Watch (GISWatch) 2018 edition highlights the role of community networks in achieving universal access to information.
A formal partnership agreement on promoting rural development in the Philippines was recently signed by FAO and the University of the Philippines Los Baños. The agreement focuses on developing tools. methodologies, and knowledge products to make agricultural systems more inclusive and efficient.
More Articles ...
- Equator Prize 2019 awards local innovative climate solutions
- FAO launches the UN Decade of Family Farming
- In Focus: The Family Farming and Rural Territorial Development Initiative in Latin America and the Caribbean
- UN Decade of Family Farming starts this May 2019
- International Food Safety Conference pushes for improvements