The Global Information Society Watch (GISWatch) 2018 edition highlights the role of community networks in achieving universal access to information.
A formal partnership agreement on promoting rural development in the Philippines was recently signed by FAO and the University of the Philippines Los Baños. The agreement focuses on developing tools. methodologies, and knowledge products to make agricultural systems more inclusive and efficient.
Twenty-two (22) local and indigenous communities worldwide won in the 10th Equator Prize as announced by the UN Development Programme (UNDP) and partners last 5 June 2019 in New York, USA.
Global launch of the United Nations Decade of Family Farming (2019-2028) will be held on 27 to 29 May 2019 at the FAO Headquarters in Rome, Italy spearheaded by UN Food and Agriculture Organization and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
More Articles ...
- In Focus: The Family Farming and Rural Territorial Development Initiative in Latin America and the Caribbean
- UN Decade of Family Farming starts this May 2019
- International Food Safety Conference pushes for improvements
- New Publications: Social media, big data analytics and innovation networks*
- Bangladesh announces its Community Radio Policy 2017