Written by: Anastasia Zammit, FAO
The Forum on Communication for Development and Community Media for Family Farming (FCCM) ended late last week. More than 100 participants representing farmer organizations, rural institutions, governments, development agencies, research organizations, NGOs, academia, community media and communication networks came together to share experiences, discussed best practices and come up with a set of firm recommendations for the way forward in the ComDev field.
Thanks to coverage by AMISNET, a set of radio interviews has been produced with a variety of the Forum's participants, focusing on the FCCM's main themes and questions.
Have a listen to what Forum participants had to say and contribute:
1) Ajit Maru, Global Forum on Agricultural Research
2) Alice Van der Elstraetan, e-Agriculture, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
3) Ashish Sen, AMARC International Secretariat
4) Bruce Girard, Fundación Comunica
5) Lamine Coulibaly, La Via Campesina Mali
6) Lavinia Mohr, the World Association of Christian Communication
7) Maria Pia Matta, AMARC President
8) Mike Jensen, Association for Progressive Communication
9) Moses Kivanda, Kenya
10) Norma Madeo, Minister of Agriculture of Argentina
11) Ouangraoua Boukari, Inades-Formation/BF
12) Toby Mendel, Centre for Law and Democracy
13) Venus Jennings, UNESCO
14) Yen-Ling Nikar Tsai, La Via Campesina Taiwan
The FCCM experience really is interactive!