The organizations that participated in the Forum on Communication for Development and Community Media for Family Farming (FCCM) last October have teamed up to create a permanent FCCM Working Group.
The group will leverage on ongoing activities and collaborations in order to boost rural communication services (RCS) that can respond in a sustained and inclusive manner to the communication needs of family farmers and rural communities.
To this end, the FCCM Working Group identified 5 strategic areas of work:
- FCCM FACILITATION and ADVOCACY
- KNOWLEDGE SHARING and NETWORKING
- CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT
- SUPPORT TO PROGRAMMES and COUNTRIES
- the activity is functional to advancing RCS as a common area of work
- the activity is already planned and budgeted for implementation or launch in 2015
- the proposing organization is open to share resources and work in partnership on this activity