The School of Agriculture, Policy and Development of the University of Reading offers a wide range of online courses focused on food, farming, nutrition, and sustainability. These courses are free (with limited access) and are available for access at any time as these are generally meant to be completed at the learner’s own pace. Courses range from 3 to 4 weeks with 2-3 hours weekly study.
The following are the courses that they offer:
- From Waste to Value: How to Tackle Food Waste
- Innovation in Arable Farming: Technologies for Sustainable Farming Systems
- Food and Nutrition: The Truth Behind Food Headlines
- Understanding Food Labels
- Engaging with Controversies in the Food System
- Explore How Farmers Produce Food Sustainably
- Trust in Our Food: Understanding Food Supply Systems
To learn more about these courses, visit the Free Online Courses page of the School of Agriculture, Policy and Development.