From 22 September to 6 October 2014, all e-Agriculture members were invited to share their experience and opinions about the effectiveness of communication and community media in rural areas, in a dedicated e-Agriculture Forum “Communication for Development, community media and ICTs for family farming and rural development”. Moreover, they were invited to discuss with guest subject matter experts on the successes and challenges of family farmers use of ICTs and communication tools and services.
This 24th e-Agriculture forum was organized by e-Agriculture Community, along with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Association of Community Radio Broadcasters (AMARC).
All the inputs collected during this online event will inform the Forum on Communication for Development & Community Media for Family Farming (FCCM), which will take place at FAO Headquarters in Rome, Italy, from 23 to 24 October 2014.
Our panel of distinguished Subject Matter Experts includes:
- Mario Acunzo – Communication for Development Officer | FAO
- Vasuki Belavadi – Chair on Community Media University of Hyderabad | UNESCO
- Pedro Castillo – Proyecto Comunidades Campesinas | CEPES
- Marina Cherbonnier – Web and Communications Manager | YPARD
- Francesco Diasio, Secretary general | AMARC
- Ajit Maru – Senior Knowledge Officer | GFAR Secretariat
- Christiane Monsieur, Coordinator | FAO-DIMITRA
- Oumy Khairy Ndiaye – Independent Consultant
- Michael Riggs – Programme Officer | UN-APCICT/ESCAP
- Alberto Solano – CEO for Latin America | Grameen Foundation
- Reynaldo Trinidad – Director | Agronoticias
- Simon Wandila – Country Representative Zambia | YPARD