The FAO Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean has announced a call for proposals for the Sessions of Experience and Knowledge Exchange on Family Farming as part of their Regional Technical Platform. The objective of the platform is “to promote innovative tools and experiences for the exchange of knowledge, and specialized discussion spaces on family farming, promoting technical and institutional innovations that strengthen family farming throughout the world.”
The call is open to all organizations of family farmers, academic institutions, government, and the private sector. The topics should be aligned towards the promotion of a more efficient, resilient, and inclusive family farming. In particular, the priority topics are:
- Innovation and technological tools for family farming;
- Sustainable production in family farming;
- Financial services for family farming;
- More inclusive, efficient, and resilient markets and trade chains;
- Organizational and capacity building of family farming; and
- Public policies for family farming.
Ten proposals will be selected and will be developed in 2022-2023. The deadline for submission is on 31 July 2022, 11:59 PM (Santiago, Chile time).
For more information, visit the event page on the FAO Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean website.