“Beyond the Impasse: Exploring New Thinking in Communication & Social Change” is the title of the inaugural boutique conference of the Centre for Communication and Social Change (CSC) of the University of Queensland. The conference on innovation in critical communication for social change will be held on 29-31 January 2013 at Brisbane, Australia.
The conference will highlight new ways of exploring solutions to persistent problems and present opportunities for innovative engagement with communication for social change theory, methods, product design and policy. Keynote presentations will be given by media practitioners and communication professors such as Silvio Waisbord, Florencia Enghel, and Jo Tacchi.
The Centre is interested in receiving abstracts that explore:
- New advances in the theorisation of communication for social change (CSC)
- Emerging inter-disciplinary perspectives
- Locally specific, context-based approaches to understanding key buzz words including ‘participation’, ‘access’ and ‘empowerment’
- Innovative CSC methods, including visual methodologies
- Critical perspectives on the creation and implementation of CSC policy
- The political economy of CSC policy
- Issues related to measuring ‘impact’ in CSC
- The design of CSC interventions (i.e. software and hardware)
Abstracts (200 words) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 August 2012
More information about the conference can be found here.