The International Symposium Agricultural Communication and Sustainable Rural Development will be held on November 22-24, 2012 in Pantnagar, India.
With the theme, “From Information to Knowledge to Wisdom – Envisioning a Food Sovereign World in the Third Millennium”, the symposium is organised by the Directorate of Communication of GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology in India.
The symposium will focus on the following themes:
1. Agricultural Communication vis-à-vis Indian agriculture: current status and the goals to be set and the goals achieved;
2. Diverse scenarios of global agriculture: harnessing nature’s biodiversity;
3. Principles and processes of sustainable agriculture;
4. Revolution in agricultural communication: the emerging trends of communication and their impact on rural economy;
5. Inter-cultural communication for taking up a common programme for sustainable resource conservation-oriented development; and
6. Role of Community Radios in rural development.
Agricultural scientists, university/college teachers, communication specialists, research scholars, industries, government departments, journalists, community radio managers, and NGOs among others are invited to attend.
Late registration fee for delegates IRs. 3500.00/ USD 250.00
Late registration fee for students IRs. 1200.00/ USD 150.00
For more information read the concept note of the event.