The World Rural Forum (WRF) is organizing the VI Global Conference on Family Farming with the theme “A Decade to Improve the Lives of Family Farmers” on 25-30 March 2019 at Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain.
The IV Global Conference is a prelude to the launching of the Decade of Family Farming in Rome weeks later. It will be participated in by various governments, family farmers organizations, international organizations, National Committees for Family Farming, rural development associations, non-government organizations, cooperatives, and academia.
The Conference aims to:
- Contribute to design the official Decade Agenda for the national, regional, and global levels by developing quality inputs for the Action Plan of the Decade of Family Farming;
- Facilitate dialogue, new partnerships, and the involvement of new actors in the Decade to promote the implementation of the above mentioned Agenda;
- Raise awareness on the fundamental importance of Family Farming for humanity and promote the Decade of Family Farming as a key tool for the SDGs fulfillment;
- Encourage the development and implementation of public policies in favor of Family Farming that contribute to the achievement of the Decade’s agenda within the SDG framework;
- Enhance mechanisms and platforms for policy dialogue, particularly the National Committees for Family Farming; and
- Strengthen Family Farming organizations through exchanges of knowledge, information, and experience.